Harold and Sally Eichstadt
Charitable gifting through your estate is a way to leave a lasting legacy in support of work that is meaningful to you. Endowment is the most direct route to making a permanent difference in health care, achieving personal philanthropy goals and the most cost effective way to give. It is an opportunity to expand and increase the impact of your life through a legacy of health and well being.
Legacy giving through endowment provides charitable income for critical health programs in good times and bad by helping Mercy provide physicians and other health providers with necessary technology, retain highly skilled professionals and take advantage of progressive practices that improve quality of care for patients. It also supports our mission "to live out the healing ministry of Christ, especially for the sick and poor," by providing Mercy with the resources to continue as a community leader in caring for all in need.
Endowment donors may direct their gift to any Mercy Health Foundation existing permanent fund or establish a new named fund with a minimum gift or pledge of $10,000. Foundation trustees will recommend distribution of the income generated by these assets in collaboration with Mercy and Affinity leaders. Named funds may also be created as Donor Advised Funds in which the donor directs the income earned each year. Building naming and sponsorship opportunities are also available.
There are many ways to include legacy endowment giving in an estate plan and there are often tax advantages to doing so. Some plans also offer income during the donor's lifetime. Each individual situation is different and must be tailored to the needs and wishes of the donor. This website offers examples of the many different options for achieving your philanthropy goals, but for specific information we invite you, and your family members if you wish, to meet withLynn Kleman, Development Manager,to discuss all of the options available through the Foundation. Gift planning services are available at no cost to the donor. Contact her at (920) 223-0520 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Endowment Funds
- Dr. E.J. and Mrs. Donna Zmolek Endowment for Mercy
- Harold and Sally Eichstadt Endowment for Charity Care
- David C. Leach Endowment for Continuing Education of Nurses
- Phyllis Leach Breast Center Endowment
- Dr. Eric Wilson Endowment Fund for Imaging Excellence
- Lucille Schultz Endowment for Children's Health
- Heaney Endowment for Children's Health
- Margaret Bartlett Endowment for Home Care and Hospice
- Norbert and June Stromske Endowment for Hospice
- William and Lyda Voss Endowment for Hospice
- Dr. and Mrs. Reuben Bitter Unrestricted Endowment
- Norman and Clinton Sartwell Unrestricted Endowment
- S.J. and Paula Wittman Unrestricted Endowment
- Dolores A. Wassmann Memorial Endowment Fund
- Dr. R. William Roberts Cancer Center of Excellence Endowment
- Dr. Theresa Cheng Endowment for Medical Excellence and Compassion
- Natalie Kate Bolin Forever Fund
- Nancy Piencikowski Endowment for Enterostomal Therapy Excellence
- Marsha and Dick Hughes Endowment for Uninsured Health Care
- Wilma Ritsema Volunteer Scholarship Endowed Fund